This dragon, Satan, and his agents thereof seek to destroy and manipulate us. He wants others to be seduced to put their trust in him so their eyes are not on God or His ways. He wants his arrogance and pride to be contagious and be fuel for us, and for future Christians. When we seek what we want and forget God, or think we have a chance to do it better or on our own, he wins. There is nothing Satan desires more than for us Christians to run our lives our way, which are really his ways. He wants your church to be run by the will of people, governed by the trends of the day, and swayed by public opinion, where God’s Word is kept out of reach or in the dark by overt or just neglected ways.
Take heart! The battle has been won, Satan score is zero; for God, the score is countless. The devil may have his anger and his bag of tricks, but He can’t have those who are in Christ. We are given the Blood of the Lamb; we have the backing and His authority to win over Satan’s ways and ideas. We can rejoice and live our Christian life fear-free because the devil can’t get what we do not give him. So, don’t give him anything—not your thoughts, plans, or agendas; let all of you be impressed in Christ and immersed in His Way.
Questions to Ponder:
- Why did war break out in Heaven? What do you think could be the motivations of the dragon and his evil minions? Why do you suppose that Satan thought he had or still has a chance? How do arrogance and pride versus the Way of God come into play here?
- What are some of the things that are taken away from us when we are seduced by evil ways? How does Satan’s influence still prevail in the world? How do his ways “snake” into you and your church?
- Satan can do only what God allows for His purpose. So, why does God use him? How do you feel about it? How can this strengthen you, knowing that no harm can come when you are in Christ, and if it does, it is for our benefit?
- What happens to you and your church when you seek what you want and forget God or think you have a chance to do it better or on your own? How does Satan win us over?
- Why does Satan desire that we Christians run our lives our way? Have you ever considered that when we run our church by our will, by the ideas of people separate from biblical precepts, by trends of the day and swayed by opinion, we may be leading as Satan does? What can be done to make sure we do not manipulate our will and rationalize it as God’s will when we make decisions?
© 2006 R. J. Krejcir Ph.D. Into Thy Word Ministries http://www.intothyword.org
2 thoughts on “What does Revelation 12:7-12 mean to us now?”
How can you make context of a select Scripture without viewing the related Scripture? The importance of Rev 12 is the beginning…a standard literary technique. State the importance and expand upon it. The importance is the sign. Signs were important to Jesus…He used it show that He was of God. What does a sign do for us in normal life??….give direction. God knew that other Judas’s would enter the Church and try tear it down. The sign is give direction for the lowly souls to find the truth…the true direction. The Bible is not your guide, it is the Church. One God. One Truth. There can be only One Church…One Faith. Jesus promised to protect Her…”not the jaws of death shall destroy her”. Are Jesus promises true? Mary is the woman. Please read John 19:26-28 and Revelation 12:17. And remember, Mary gave birth to Jesus. To much is given, much is expected. I gave you a ton.
How can you make a statement such as this without examining the previous posts that answer your question? Be blessed!