Perhaps not! You may want to investigate this, Scripture in context, real word meanings… From 20 years of research at the Schaeffer Institute investigated this more thoroughly than anyone, now it seems the rapture is a made up myth and not in the Bible… But do not be like I did get all mad and think rebuttals to a rapture is nonsense, rather read and not read into the Bible what we want it to say…
From the Books
- “The Early Church Fathers”
- The Shepherd of Hermas, 2; 23:5.(An early Church Father whom many say came up with this theory)
- Blackstone, William. Jesus is Coming (1878). Now published by Kregel (1989).
- Boyer, Paul. When Time Shall Be No More: Prophecy Belief in Modern American Culture (Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press, 1992), page 75.
- Benware, Paul. Understanding End Times Prophecy: A Comprehensive Approach (Chicago: Moody Press, 1995), pages 197-198.
- Ice, Tommy. “Morgan Edwards: A Pre-Darby Rapturist,” The Conservative Theological Journal, April 1997, pages 4-12.
- Denny, Timothy J. and Ice, Thomas D. “The Rapture and an Early Medieval Citation,” Bibliotheca Sacra, July-September 1995
- LaHaye, Tim. “Target Number One,” Pre-Trib Perspectives, September 2002, pages 1-3.
- Lindsey, Hal, The Rapture, Bantam Books (1983), p. 25
- Gundry, Robert, “The Church and The Tribulation”, Zondervan (1973)
- Scofield, C. I. The Scofield Study Bible (London: Oxford University Press, 1909).
- Larkin, Clarence. Dispensational Truth (Philadelphia, 1920).
- Keeley, Robin, Eerdmans’ Handbook to Christian Belief, Wm B Eerdmans Publishing, (1982), p.415
- Lindsey, Hal. The Late Great Planet Earth (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1970).
- LaHaye Tim and Jenkins, Jerry. The Left Behind book series.
- Chris Nelson. (2002–06-18). “A Brief History of the Apocalypse; 1971 – 1997: Millennial Madness” Retrieved on 2007–06-23.
- MacPherson, Dave. The Unbelievable Pre-Trib Origin (Heart of America Bible Society, 1973).
- MacPherson, Dave. The Incredible Cover-Up: Exposing the Origins of the Rapture Theories (Plainfield, NJ: Logos 1975)
- Rosenthal, Marv: “The Pre-Wrath Rapture of the Church: Is It Biblical?”, Regular Baptist Press (1991)
- Snobelen, Stephen D., Isaac Newton and Apocalypse Now. 2007
- “The World Did Not End Yesterday”, Boston Globe(Associated Press), 1992–10-29.
- Walvoord , John, “The Rapture Question, 1957.”
From the Web:
16. http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blrapture.htm (this is here because it is funny and make an excellent sermon illustration to this article)