From the Books
- “The Early Church Fathers”
- The Shepherd of Hermas, 2; 23:5.(An early Church Father whom many say came up with this theory)
- Blackstone, William. Jesus is Coming (1878). Now published by Kregel (1989).
- Boyer, Paul. When Time Shall Be No More: Prophecy Belief in Modern American Culture (Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press, 1992), page 75.
- Benware, Paul. Understanding End Times Prophecy: A Comprehensive Approach (Chicago: Moody Press, 1995), pages 197-198.
- Ice, Tommy. “Morgan Edwards: A Pre-Darby Rapturist,” The Conservative Theological Journal, April 1997, pages 4-12.
- Denny, Timothy J. and Ice, Thomas D. “The Rapture and an Early Medieval Citation,” Bibliotheca Sacra, July-September 1995
- LaHaye, Tim. “Target Number One,” Pre-Trib Perspectives, September 2002, pages 1-3.
- Lindsey, Hal, The Rapture, Bantam Books (1983), p. 25
- Gundry, Robert, “The Church and The Tribulation”, Zondervan (1973)
- Scofield, C. I. The Scofield Study Bible (London: Oxford University Press, 1909).
- Larkin, Clarence. Dispensational Truth (Philadelphia, 1920).
- Keeley, Robin, Eerdmans’ Handbook to Christian Belief, Wm B Eerdmans Publishing, (1982), p.415
- Lindsey, Hal. The Late Great Planet Earth (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1970).
- LaHaye Tim and Jenkins, Jerry. The Left Behind book series.
- Chris Nelson. (2002–06-18). “A Brief History of the Apocalypse; 1971 – 1997: Millennial Madness” Retrieved on 2007–06-23.
- MacPherson, Dave. The Unbelievable Pre-Trib Origin (Heart of America Bible Society, 1973).
- MacPherson, Dave. The Incredible Cover-Up: Exposing the Origins of the Rapture Theories (Plainfield, NJ: Logos 1975)
- Rosenthal, Marv: “The Pre-Wrath Rapture of the Church: Is It Biblical?”, Regular Baptist Press (1991)
- Snobelen, Stephen D., Isaac Newton and Apocalypse Now. 2007
- “The World Did Not End Yesterday”, Boston Globe(Associated Press), 1992–10-29.
- Walvoord , John, “The Rapture Question, 1957.”
From the Web:
16. http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blrapture.htm (this is here because it is funny and make an excellent sermon illustration to this article)